Lionel pw-156

ILLUMINATED STATION PLATFORM

 

This illuminated station platform was available for sale both before and after World War II - from 1939 through 1942, and again from 1946 through 1949. It was one of Lionels most popular accessories. It has a heavy Bakelite (the original plastic) base and roof, which are painted green and red, respectively. The upright supports are made of die cast. The fences are made of plastic. The points at the top of the fences broke easily, so finding complete ones can be somewhat difficult. Hanging from the fences are four lithographed advertisements, featuring compaines like Remington Shavers, Sunoco Oil, Lionel, and Baby Ruth candy bars. The ads were not the same from year to year, or even station to station. These stations were made to be placed side by side, and each one came with an extra piece of fence to connect multiple pieces. The base measures 12 inches long, 3.25 inches wide, and 5.125 inches tall.

To Research Other Postwar Items in Our Research Library,
Click Your Browser's Back Button

Visit our Shopping Cart

Return to the Train-Station.com Home Page