628 C&NW LOG CAR
|First produced in 1946 and lasting thru 1953 the 628 came in 6 variations. Early 1946 cars came with unpainted plastic bases which came in various colors. In 1947 Gilbert procduced the car in dark grey plastic. Later they went to die-cast bases inin grey. In 1951 some cars were produced using pressed wood painted grey. Finally, in 1953 the bodies were again die-cast and painted a blue-grey color. Early cars came with thin shanked couplers while later cars, after 1947, received variousversions of the weighted couplers. Trucks were of the tin plate type and each car had one brake wheel.
our Shopping Cart Category Page
Leave the Shopping Cart and Return to the Train Station Home Page