|In 1950, Gilbert introduced their first streamlined passenger cars. There were four in the series - the 660 combine, 661 coach, 662 Vista Dome, and 633 observation. Made of aluminum, these cars were produced until 1951. In 1952, the cars were redesigned, and although they kept the same numbers, were produced in plastic. They came equipped with a new metal truck with link couplers. The bases were made of sheet metal, and all cars were lighted. All the cars came with a name plate on each side which read "AMERICAN FLYER LINES" and the number of the car in black lettering.